During this practical GWO Working at height you learn to use the Personal Protective Materials (PPE) for working at height in the correct way. In addition, we teach the user to evacuate himself and/or an injured colleague from a height in a safe and responsible manner. We work with ready-made rescue systems that require a minimum of the user.
The GWO (Global Wind Organization) has developed basic safety training for people working in the wind industry. The GWO Basic Safety course includes several modules, such as First Aid, Manual handling of loads, Fire safety and Working at height (this module).
Contents GWO Working at height
- Personal safety
- Working at height theory: relevant legal knowledge, personal protective equipment, forces, etc.
- Basic fall protection: putting on your harness, rules and practical applications with regard to fall protection, workplace limitation and work positioning
- Working with permanent and temporary fall protection systems
- Rescue from a fall protection system (rail or cable) using a fall protection system or automatic system
- Emergency Escape from the nacelle
- Rescue victim hanging over the edge of the nacelle/transition piece
- Evacuate the victim and transfer it to professional rescuers
- Treatment of orthostatic shock (suspension trauma)
- Practice using different scenarios.
|Number of people||4-8|
|Training duration||2 days|
|Certificate||GWO certificate (Winda registration)|
|Code||GWO WAH 01|