During this practical GWO Fire awareness course, the participant learns how to extinguish an incipient fire in practice. The theoretical part discusses how a fire starts and how it develops. Students learn how and with what means a fire can be extinguished. Naturally, the dangers of extinguishing are also discussed.
Contents of GWO Fire Awareness
- Personal safety
- Theoretical foundation
- Origin and development (spread) of fire
- Causes of fire in a wind turbine
- The associated risks
- Identifying fire hazard signs
- Drawing up an evacuation plan related to fire and smoke hazards
- Practice using different scenarios.
The GWO (Global Wind Organization) has developed a basic safety training for people working in the wind industry. The GWO Basic Safety course includes several modules, such as First Aid, Manual handling of loads, Fire Awareness (this module) and Working at height.
Do you want to read more? Read our blog about evacuating in the wind industry.
|Number of people
|GWO certificate (Winda registration)
|GWO FAW 01