The "Height Rescue Specialist" training is a well-known training within the Dutch fire brigades when it comes to rope rescue. During this 5-day training, which concludes with an independent exam, the aspirant will learn a variety of complex access and rescue techniques. Active and passive rescue scenarios can be completed using an equipment kit that can be used as a 'construction kit'. In addition, a ready-to-use rescue system is used that can be deployed quickly and effectively in many circumstances.
After completion of this training, there is an annual retraining with a professional check (1 day). To be eligible for retraining, a certain number of practice hours must be made each year.
- Personal safety
- Working at height theory: relevant legal knowledge, personal protective equipment, forces, etc.
- Risk inventory
- Plan of Action
- Fall protection, workplace restraint and work positioning in theory and practice
- Apply horizontal lifeline
- Rigging, knots, anchor points
- Individual rope access basic skills
- Team rope rescue basic skills
- More specific rope rescue skills (tramway, cross haul)
- Active rescue of colleague (snatch off rescue)
- Knowledge and application of multi-legs
- Stretcher management
- Practicing various situations in our training center.