In addition to all elements of life-saving action, this practice-oriented course also deals with less life-threatening injuries and disorders that frequently occur in daily life. It includs injury assessment and illness assessment. This course is specifically toilored to fit working conditions at the wind turbine environment. After the course you will be broadly oriented and you will be able to act in almost all situations.
The GWO (Global Wind Organization) has developed basic safety training for people working in the wind industry. The GWO Basic Safety course includes several modules, such as First Aid (this course), Manual handling of loads, Fire safety and Working at height.
Contents GWO First Aid
- Rescue Management (assess the situation, oversee danger, protective equipment, etc.)
- Initial assessment of the victim
- Clear the airway, ventilate and resuscitate (CPR)
- Use AED
- Stabilizing an unconscious victim
- Stalling severe bleeding
- Shock treatment
- Moving in emergency situations
- Injury assessment (fractures & dislocations, neck & spinal injuries, burns, hypothermia & frostbite, minor injuries, etc.)
- Disease assessment (asthma, myocardial infarction, allergies, stroke, etc.)
- Practice using different scenarios for the specific environment.
|Number of people||8-10|
|Training duration||1 day|
|Certificate||GWO certificate (Winda registration)|
|Code||GWO FA 01|