The "Commander rescue at height" training originated from the rescue at height specialism, because there is a need for more substantive insight into situations about which decisions must be made quickly and well-founded. Since the commander is the one who will have to make these decisions, this additional training is only intended for commanders.
During this intensive 5-day training, the participant learns how to deal with all relevant risks and how to communicate them with the team members. In addition, a number of additional skills related to communication, delegation of tasks and risk management will be covered. Many scenarios will be practiced, intended for a top-down approach.
Conditions for participation
- Demonstrable commander competencies
- HRT specialist (currently valid certificate)
- Medical certificate (self-test)
- Personal safety
- Working at height theory: relevant (legal) knowledge, personal protective equipment, forces, etc.
- Risk inventory
- Action plan
- Fall protection, workplace restraint and work positioning in theory and practice
- Apply horizontal lifeline
- Rigging, knots, anchor points
- Individual rope access basic skills
- Team rope rescue basic skills
- More specific rope rescue skills (tramway, cross haul)
- Active rescue of colleague (snatch off rescue)
- Knowledge and application of multi-legs
- Stretcher management
- Practicing various situations in our training center