During this practical GWO Fire awareness training, the participant learns to extinguish a starting fire in practice. The theoretical part discusses how a fire starts and how it develops. Students learn how and with what means a fire can be extinguished. The dangers of extinguishing are also discussed.
Prerequisites: In possession of a valid GWO Fire awareness certificate.
After successfully completing this course, participants will have or be able to:
- ensure personal safety
- the basic theory of fire awareness
- notion of the origin and development (spread) of fire
- notion of causes of fire in a wind turbine and the associated risks
- identifying fire hazard signs
- drawing up an evacuation plan related to fire hazard and smoke hazard
We practice using different scenarios.
You can also follow a GWO Basic Safety Training refresher course, including the refreshers of several modules: Working at Height, Manual Handling, First Aid and Fire Awareness.
|Number of people||8-10|
|Training duration||Halve dag|
|Certificate||GWO certificate (Winda registration)|
|Code||GWO RF FAW 01|