During the refresher of the practice-oriented GWO First aid course, the participant learns to provide first aid to victims while working in the wind turbine environment. In addition to all elements of life-saving action, this course also discusses less life-threatening injuries and disorders. Injury assessment and illness assessment are also part of the training, specifically aimed at the wind turbine environment. After the course you will be broadly oriented and you will be able to act in almost all situations.
Target group: Repetition for everyone who works within the wind energy industry and who also has to conform to the international GWO guideline.
Prerequisites: In possession of a valid GWO First aid certificate
Contents of the GWO refresher First Aid
- Rescue Management (assess the situation, oversee danger, protective equipment, etc.)
- Initial assessment of the victim
- Clear the airway, ventilate and resuscitate (CPR)
- Use AED
- Stabilizing an unconscious victim
- Stalling severe bleeding
- Shock treatment
- Moving in emergency situations
- Injury assessment (fractures & dislocations, neck & spinal injuries, burns, hypothermia & frostbite, minor injuries, etc.)
- Disease assessment (asthma, myocardial infarction, allergies, stroke, etc.)
- Practice using different scenarios for the specific environment.
You can also follow a GWO Basic Safety Training refresher course, including the refreshers of several modules: Working at Height, Manual Handling, First Aid and Fire Awareness.
|Number of people||8-10|
|Training duration||1 day|
|Certificate||Centrum certificate (Winda registration)|
|Code||GWO RF FA 01|